This Hot and Sweet Drumsticks recipe is one I simply love - fuss free yet so delicious! I'd have to call it a cheat recipe because one doesn't really need good cooking skills to get this right as long as the correct amount of ingredients is measured for the marinade.
The thick goo-ey marinade looked thick and rich and coated the drum sticks beautifully. Though the recipe doesn't call for any marinating time, I let the chicken sit inside the jam mixture for a few hours so that it can absorb the flavours better.
The result is tender baked drumsticks in a finger-licking sauce that is a mix of sweet and a hint of spiciness - ooh so delicious!
Hot and Sweet Drumsticks (Serves 6)
- 1 cup Apricot Preserves (Apricot Jam)
- ½ cups Ketchup
- ¼ cups Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 2 teaspoons Hot Pepper Sauce (Tobasco or Sriracha)
- 3 pounds Drumsticks (about 12)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a small saucepan, combine preserves, ketchup, soy sauce, garlic and hot pepper sauce. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until preserves are melted.
- Arrange drumsticks in a single layer on a 13 x 9″ baking pan. Pour sauce over drumsticks, turning to coat. (I marinaded for a few hours before baking)
- Bake, uncovered, for 40-45 minutes or until chicken is done, spooning sauce over drumsticks while baking.
This is for Cook Like A Star hosted by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids, Baby Sumo of Eat Your Heart Out and Mich of Piece of Cake.