Monday 24 June 2013

Cranberry-Pecan-Orange Coffee Cake

The Cranberry-Pecan Orange Coffee Cake from the book Coffee Cakes: Simple, Sweet and Savory by Lou Seibert Pappas is the next bake for the members of The Home Bakers. The Home Bakers  is hosted by Joyce from Kitchen Flavours. If you are keen to join us, please contact Joyce. 


Maria of a Box of Stolen Socks is the host for this recipe, and for the full recipe, please click here.



This is a cake I really enjoyed. The cake has beautiful soft crumbs and is spotted with cranberries which gives a sourish but delicious aftertaste. The best part was undoubtedly the crispy streusel mix of  nuts (I used walnuts instead of pecan) which complements the moist texture of the cake perfectly. While the recipe called for orange juice concentrate, I used fresh orange juice with pulp as the concentrate is not easy to find here. However, the taste of the orange was not too obvious and I think it would be good to add some orange zest as well. As fresh cranberries are not available, I substituted with dried ones which were just as delicious. 


19 comments:

  1. This looks so crunchy and just delicious dear Mich. It is my sort of cake especially with coffee and pecans.. yum! Have a good week. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mich,
    I've enjoyed this cake very much too! I use Sunkist Orange Juice Concentrate and it gives a lovely orangy taste to the cake. Another keeper recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cranberry,Pecan,Orange and Coffee, I am sure this cake taste wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds great, I'll pop on over to check out the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup this is a keeper! And love the crumb texture of your cake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This coffee cake looks simply beautiful :D

    Cheers
    CCU

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mich,

    We love this cake very much too!

    Like you, I wanted to add orange zest originally. I even had the orange and zester in my picture... but I forgot! Ai ya ya!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mich, your coffee cake look wonderful. The texture look so moist, got iced coffee to go with this cake?:)

    Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mich! It was a very nice cake! I enjoyed making very much and my husband's colleagues enjoyed eating even more!! Your cake looks really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like what you have in this cake orange and cranberry is great and even better with pecan...now I just need a cup of coffee or tea.
    Have a lovely week Mich :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this cranberry orange cake look amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This cake looks great with a cup of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mich, those ingredients are enough to kill! U're such a temptress! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mich , this cake has loads fantastic flavors and textures ! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like this cake!
    pecans and cranberry - great combination as far as I'm concerned :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very moist and full of flavours...a wonderful coffee cake, Mich.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all the ingredients in the cake, sounds so flavourful and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i got no orange concentrate too, i will just use orange juice too instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Moist coffee cake is a must, and it's really hard to find one that's nice and moist (have tried MANY dried coffee cakes...). Cranberries would be my first pick when I make it (oh but blueberries are equally tempting!). Pecan and orange sounds good with cranberries! I wish I have this with my tea!

    ReplyDelete